Recently, Google launched it’s new product ‘Pixel’- Phone by Google. At first I was looking forward to it as a major success but when I went through it’s specifications it failed to impress me in accordance to it’s launch price. So here’s my review for Pixel.
- Cost : Normally, any product’s price is told at the end so people can cherish the feeling that they are getting so much in that minimal cost but this phone has it on the top because it seems like the second kidney is in danger. If you want to buy it in India here’s the price list –
Pixel (32 GB)- 57,000
Pixel (128 GB )-66,000
Pixel XL (32 GB )- 66,000
Pixel XL (128 GB)- 76,000 (I guess, the liver too!)
- Screen : Pixel has a (not so big but yea! handy) screen size of 5.0 inch whereas pixel XL offers you a screen size of 5.5 inches. They have 2.5D corning gorilla glass 4 which is …very good.
- Battery : Pixel offers you a descent (though not overwhelming) battery of 2,770 mAh and pixel XL of 3,450 mAh. Well, if we talk about the battery, many android phones like Samsung Galaxy On7 plus or Asus Zenfone 2 which cover the range of 10 to 15k in cost and offer you a promising 3,000 mAh. (I personally love these two!) It comes with fast charging which you can get in MotoX Play and other variants of Moto X series.
- RAM and Internal Storage : It has a 4 GB RAM which again would have been a very very promising feature if ASUS wouldn’t have offered it some one year before during the launch of Zenfone 2 at the cost of 19,999 then which is nearly 14k by now.
OK! now here comes the major set back of Pixel. They aren’t giving you an external SD card slot. ( you be like wtf! yeah me too.) The phone has been launched in two versions as you can see above, both having one 32 GB and one 128 GB variant. Major Setback!
- Processor and OS : I would have to say, one thing which is spot on is the processor. They are feeding you a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 2.15Ghz + 1.6Ghz, 64Bit Quad-Core processor. (Whoosh! too good man) This phone’s gonna flow as butter that’s for sure! Plus, the operating system is brand new Android 7.1 Nougat.
- Camera : Primary Camera is 12.3 MP and secondary is 8 MP.
- This is a very promising and revolutionary mobile phone with a personal assistant (Oh! how did I forget this. There’s a new AI in town with Siri and Cortana now!)
All in all, this is a beautiful gadget with all the latest tech if the price is overlooked. On keeping the price in mind, I personally don’t think it is worth that money.
This was my review for ‘Pixel’ by Google.
P.S. Google, we still love you ! :*